Some programs does not start

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
clemens

Some programs does not start

Post by clemens »

Hi,

I have a fresh mint installed on my machine. I cant open some programs, for instance catalyst administration, or f.lux preferences; when i click on the symbol, nothing happens. When I open by typing the command in terminal, it works. F.lux does not work at all.

How can I fix that?
Which log-files to look at?

Kind Regards,
Clemens
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: Some programs does not start

Post by dawgdoc »

for the app working from terminal, locate the executable with

Code: Select all

whereis <appname>
substituting <appname> for f.lux or whatever.

Then right click on the menu icon, select properties, compare the entry for the command with the return from the whereis command.
BozoDel

Post by BozoDel »

sorry to revive this ole thread, but I'm having the same problem and I think I have some info.

f.lux is just a frontend for xflux, and that's where the problem is. when I type xflux in the terminal it just gives me something about missing dependencies.
BozoDel

Post by BozoDel »

wow, forget about this. now I'm using redshift!

Return to “Beginner Questions”