Mintupdate doesn't show updates automaticaly

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Mintupdate doesn't show updates automaticaly

Postby Bandicoot on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:42 pm

Why is it that mintupdate doesn't show there are updates automatically ?? I have mintupdate running and have set it to automatically check for updates. However, although the lock symbol is flashing now and then (to indicate that it is checking if there are any updates I presume) it never shows me that there are updates available! When I click on the lock and hit the refreshbutton the available updates are shown.

It strikes me that this is not the behaviour it should have, after all what's the point of letting it look for updates automatically when it is not shown that there are any updates.

I am running Daryna btw.
Bandicoot
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mintupdate doesn't show updates automaticaly

Postby Husse on Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:26 am

This is some kind of bug and it's being investigated now. It has to do with running as root or normal user.
Probably not to hard to fix.
If you open it you can always search for updates
And this is not the case always...
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions