Darnya Menu Doesn't Go Away

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Darnya Menu Doesn't Go Away

Postby gabemorris on Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:38 am

Hey guys :)
Whenever I open up the Daryna menu, no matter what I do, it stays open... it is quite annoying, since I cannot see my desktop half the time :S

Is there anyway to fix this?
gabemorris
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Darnya Menu Doesn't Go Away

Postby xray7224 on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:49 am

well sins i had this problem and i fixed it i think i can help you. I think its a problem that happens sometime during the installation i don't quite know what causes this but i re-installed GNOME and my meunu started working again. I would suggest doing this. you can do this via click on terminal and typing

sudo apt-get install gnome

it should work, did for me :) hope it works let me know what happens and if the problem still remains.

good luck
xray7224
Level 1
Level 1

Postby gabemorris on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:40 am

It, sadly, didn't work :(
I'll try reinstalling MintMenu to see if if I can get it work. :)

EDIT: That didn't help :(
gabemorris
Level 1
Level 1

Postby muddey on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:40 pm

I installed Daryana a couple of days agoe and a quite like it so far. It's the first time I use any Linux Dist but I'm getting the hang of it fairly quickly.

I have the same issue with MintMenu after, I believe, installing compiz-manager. The menu works fine except it won't go away unless i click the "show desktop" icon, which is quite annoying. Tried to uninstall compiz-manager, re-install mintmenu and gnome but still no joy.

Doing a fresh install of Mint would probably work but I'd much rather prefer to fix the problem should it appear again. Anyone got a fix for this? Much appreciated.
muddey
Level 1
Level 1

Postby seba on Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:04 pm

Hi guys,
As I am a novice at linux (far,far from a level like Husse and the likes) I wondered if you guys installed gnome-compiz-manager or did you install compizconfig-settings-manager?
I installed the latter to control all the compiz fusion options and it works like a charm.
To be perfectly honest I have never installed gnome-compiz-manager so I don't know if that is actually the cause but the description in package manager suggests it's for desktop configuration so maybe that's the trouble?
Cheers,
seba
Maya Mate x32 on a PentiumM 1,7 GHz.
seba
Level 1
Level 1

Postby gabemorris on Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:38 pm

I got it to work! :D
I had to install, the uninstall, then reinstall compiz-settings-manager... then I had to do the same for the gnome-compiz-settings manager :)

Thanks guys :)
gabemorris
Level 1
Level 1

Postby motoperpetuo on Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:20 am

has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? i've noticed it intermittently on the two computers i have running mint. it's a really annoying problem on an otherwise very solid OS.
Singing is a trick to make people listen to music for longer than they normally would.
motoperpetuo
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions