Multiple Desktop Wallpapers

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Multiple Desktop Wallpapers

Postby jaydee2584 on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:47 am

Hello:
I have my 4 different desktops, but when I try to change the wallpaper on one of them, it changes for all of them at the same time.
How do I change the wallpaper on the different desktops individually so that all 4 are different?

Tks: John
jaydee2584
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Multiple Desktop Wallpapers

Postby merlwiz79 on Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:07 am

I think this is what you are looking for.
This is for Gnome only.
viewtopic.php?p=36963#p36963
merlwiz79
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Multiple Desktop Wallpapers

Postby moddedcomputers on Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:56 am

KDE supports a different wallpaper for each desktop. Look for a radio button or drop-down box towards the top or the desktop setting box. Gnome only supports one wallpaper. XFCE and other add-ons like emerald can also take over desktop decorations. I used to be a KDE fan until I tried Mint XFCE 008 beta. I finally stopped "Distro Hopping with this version of Mint. I have this installed on http://www.moddedcomputers.com/64_bit_on_a_budget.htm I'm really happy with how this mod turned out and am working on my next modded case.
~Mike~
~Mike~
moddedcomputers.com
moddedcomputers
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions