"Solved" q's about uninstalling ubuntu to install mint

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

"Solved" q's about uninstalling ubuntu to install mint

Postby huntwell on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:03 pm

I am a recent convert to Linux, and have very little experience with it. A friend recommended Ubuntu, but I have been doing a lot of research and want to make a switch to Mint since I think it may be a little easier to get familiar with Linux through Mint than Ubuntu.

How do I safely uninstall Ubuntu and install Mint in its place? I currently have a dual boot with XP.

I installed Ubuntu with the help of a tutorial, but I have not seen much good info on uninstalling Ubuntu safely so that another Linux distro can be installed.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by huntwell on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huntwell
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: q's about uninstalling ubuntu to install mint

Postby Chi on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:06 am

Hi and welcome

There is a good LinuxMint guide (Daryna) that will help with the install http://www.linuxmint.com/pub/Daryna_User_Guide.pdf. Ubuntu will not need to be uninstalled just install LinuxMint on the same partition(s). The bootloader pretty much takes care of itself (especially with WindowsXP).

All the best and have fun.
Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.
Chi
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Newbie Questions