upgrade from cassandra

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

upgrade from cassandra

Postby vortex_noob on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:56 am

Hi, i've been using cassandra for a while now. I recently d/l Daryna and quite impressed with the live CD. The reason i'm holding off the upgrade is because my computer has 3 users (installed in separate /home partition, of course :D ) but i'm afraid that after daryna installation, the only person able to use the old home partition is just me, the person who installs the OS. Will the other two users be able to use theirs. Are there any commands i have to input to make it work? (i.e. create new users and tying them to the their respective /home). Help.....
vortex_noob
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: upgrade from cassandra

Postby Husse on Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:41 am

Your assumption is correct
When installed you create new users with exactly the same name and uid just like you do for the first user. So create them in the same order and the uid should be OK
I've never done it myself but it should not create any problems
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: upgrade from cassandra

Postby vortex_noob on Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:10 pm

Thanks Husse... I'll try upgrading this week. I'll be sure to update how it goes and any problems i'm facing.... :D :D :D
vortex_noob
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions