menu icon

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

menu icon

Postby derixc on Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:04 am

hi guys! i'm trying to play with my system and I'm having a little problem here. I want to change the default daryna button to a customized icon similar to what they have in gnome-look.org, particularly this. http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=63133 but the issue here is I can't find this key after gconf.
I gconf-editor go under
/apps/panel/objects

Now look in all the subfolders, and look for one where the "object_type" is set to "menu-object" or "menu-bar".
If you find a "menu-object" just scoll down to the key "use_custom_icon", set to True, and then edit the key "custom_icon" and insert the path to the icon you want to use.
If you find a "menu-bar" then change the key "object-type" to "menu-object" and then scoll down to the key "use_custom_icon", set to True, and then edit the key "custom_icon" and insert the path to the icon you want to use. This will replace your menu with an icon.

The only thing showing on my end is object_0 without any key on it. can anyone help me with this?
derixc
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: menu icon

Postby Husse on Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:56 pm

This is because the logo is in mintMenu
Sadly I don't know how to change it and the search in this forum is no good...(will have to dig into the phpbb forums)
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby derixc on Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:02 pm

yeah, i have been trying to look for answer's here in the forum and in google as well but i still no luck. hopefully we can also have that option in the future to easily configure our preference for the menu icon. :)
derixc
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Nibes on Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:44 pm

I think the newest mintMenu 3.1 got that option on the preferences.
Nibes
Level 1
Level 1

Postby rfurman24 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:46 pm

I do not know if this will help anyone. I use custom icon themes and it would change the main menu icon to the Ubuntu logo. I replaced the distributer-logo.png, gnome-main-menu.png, novell-button.png, and the start-here.png icons in different sizes ie 48x48 36x36 24x24 /places of the icon folder with the icon I wanted then repacked the folder and reinstalled the icon theme. Now I have the mint logo for my main menu icon.
rfurman24
Level 1
Level 1

Postby derixc on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:56 am

can you post some screenshots? :-D
derixc
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions