(Solved) Romeo Repo

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

(Solved) Romeo Repo

Postby Zero Prime on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:03 pm

I've used Ubuntu and Ultimate Edition for a while so I'm not new to Linux, but I'm now having an interesting problem with LinuxMint. When I go to Synaptic and try to enable the Romeo Repo I find that it isn't listed. I checked the source.list and saw that it is listed there, it's just not showing up as an option. Also, where are the rest of the option in Synaptic? I noticed that a lot of options that are normally there aren't there in this distro. Thanks for the help in advance.

BTW... Other than the above listed problem I have to say that LinuxMint is freaking awesome!! I'd love to know how an OS based on Ubuntu Gutsy can be so darn fast considering Gutsy is so slow. Great job on the distro.
Last edited by Zero Prime on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zero Prime
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Romeo Repo

Postby Husse on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:46 pm

??
In Synaptic > Settings (or is it Options have a localized version) > Repositories
If Romeo isn't activated > New and you find it in a list together with some backport repos
What do you mean by this
Also, where are the rest of the option in Synaptic? I noticed that a lot of options that are normally there aren't there in this distro.

This is exactly the same Synaptic as in Ubuntu
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby Zero Prime on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:59 pm

Husse wrote:??
In Synaptic > Settings (or is it Options have a localized version) > Repositories
If Romeo isn't activated > New and you find it in a list together with some backport repos
What do you mean by this
Also, where are the rest of the option in Synaptic? I noticed that a lot of options that are normally there aren't there in this distro.

This is exactly the same Synaptic as in Ubuntu

What list? I click on new and I get the standard dialog to enter in the new repo address and nothing else.

What I meant by the Synaptic difference is when you click on repositories there are tabs on the top and more options, such as to enable backports and the such. I'd have to log into Ultimate Edition and get a screen shot to show you what I mean.
Zero Prime
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Husse on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:41 am

Hmm
You've found the right place it seems
If you scroll the list of repos in the window in the Sources tab you will find some not ticked among them Romeo (by default)
I usually do this by editing sources.lst but it's there in Synaptic, else something is broken
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby Zero Prime on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:59 am

Is there anyway to fix this problem, without a new install that is?

Or....How would I edit the source.list to enable this repo?
Zero Prime
Level 3
Level 3

Re: (Solved) Romeo Repo

Postby Zero Prime on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:31 am

I manged to get the problem fixed. I had to log into root terminal (sudo -s) and enable from there.
Zero Prime
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions