Font size in windows

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Font size in windows

Postby coopar on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi, I have just moved over to Linux mint from Vista although at the mo' it is dual boot. Have tried a few distros and found Ubuntu suited my preferences best. After much more digging I tried Mint XFCE. Very nice so have stuck with this one. Big learning curve though. Anyway, try as I might I cannot find how to increase font size in the windows I open up particularly when I open Firefox - some of the text is tiny and at my age it aint funny. Someone point me in the right direction please. Oh, one other thing, I installed same on my daughters machine, who had XP, and it is connected to a Panasonic lcd tv. The desktop overscans on the screen and again have spent hours trying to find a solution. The problem is not a resolution issue. The Panasonic cannot be adjusted for the overscan unfortunately so it is down to Linux. XP can be adjusted through nvidia control panel which has a manual resizing facility. Jeez I have loads of questions but this will do for the time being.

Thanks for any help that may get thrown my way.

coopar.
coopar
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Font size in windows

Postby timh on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi coopar. in firefox you can adjust the size →: copy and past this in your browser adress field:↓
Code: Select all
chrome://browser/content/preferences/preferences.xul

and to the 3 tab from left [the world-bowl| think it is “content”, sorry I don´t know right now the word,because I have a german ff :oops: ] there you can choose the size, but it depends from your screen resolution / I have 16 my screen is 1280x1024 it works preety well with the most sites, but if one site is to tiny - press ctrl plus + or - for bigger and smaller text.
for looking nicer you can install firefox widgets 2.7:
Here a post from husse:
http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4667
Hope this helps a little.
minty greets
tim
here is a faster way to change the size :wink:
→: copy and past this in your browser adress field:↓
Code: Select all
chrome://browser/content/preferences/fonts.xul
LMDE2 UP7
Image Image