Sotware Portal Help!

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Sotware Portal Help!

Postby Desktop on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:24 pm

Hi
I'm new to this so don't know what to expect.

When I go to the Linux Mint Software Portal and clck "Install" all I get is a page full of what looks like code - can anyone tell me what I need to do to install fonts from thi system?
Desktop
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Sotware Portal Help!

Postby cisforcojo on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:19 am

The 'code' is the stuff after it downloads the files you need, correct? That's just the packages being installed onto your computer and is completely normal (and necessary). Which fonts specifically were you after?
cisforcojo
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Sotware Portal Help!

Postby vinoman on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:02 am

One place to get fonts is: http://www.dafont.com/
You should be able to create a .fonts directory in your home directory then put new fonts in that directory (I've done this is Ubuntu, so it should be the same in Mint). Try it and see. Also via Synaptic, install the msttcorefonts. That will give you most of the fonts used on Windows PCs.
vinoman
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions