Daryna KDE?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Daryna KDE?

Postby ostheo on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:53 am

Hi,

I'm a new Linux convert. I would to like know when is the release of KDE CE. Has anyone posted the final release schedule already? I just can't wait to test and use it. The screen shots I saw in the ubuntu forums looks REALLY nice! And I heard it's so much faster than the main edition ( I hope this is true :D ). Though I haven't tried it yet, I would like to congratulate Boo, Clem and their team for making such a nice ( hopefully ) KDE CE of Linux Mint. Please make it available very soon...More power!

Ostheo
ostheo
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Daryna KDE?

Postby urbangeo on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:14 am

I think it will be out soon, but if you really want to try it, just download the Beta. Boo mentioned that the differences are minor between the beta and final and it just needs some minor changes by the user ti update it (no reinstall).
urbangeo
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Boo on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:44 am

I will be uploading the final tonight.
previous "finals" had a language support issue at install and we tied to mintify konqueror when used as a browser.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Boo
Level 8
Level 8

Postby ostheo on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:59 am

Boo wrote:I will be uploading the final tonight.
previous "finals" had a language support issue at install and we tied to mintify konqueror when used as a browser.

Boo

That's good to hear. I'll stay awake tonight till I start downloading it. Thanks! :D
ostheo
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Boo on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:04 am

Dont say up.
exploder has to test it first, so it may be up tomorrow night...

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Boo
Level 8
Level 8

Postby ostheo on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:14 am

If I install the Beta, would I be able to upgrade it into a Final version without doing a fresh install?
ostheo
Level 1
Level 1

Postby ostheo on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:19 am

Sorry I didn't notice my question has been answered already prior to your reply.

Thanks! :D
ostheo
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions