I'd like to HELP Clem and Linux Mint

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

I'd like to HELP Clem and Linux Mint

Postby ostheo on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:54 am

Hi,

I've read Clem's blog about Linux Mint generating some funds from Google search and thus the new tweaked version of Firefox. It includes tweaks for M$ users who would like to help Linux Mint generate more income. As of now I am using XP since Daryna KDE CE isn't out yet. So I would like to ask assistance on how to do the tweaks for M$. Below are the tweaks he wrote:

you can replace google.xml in program-files, mozilla, searchplugins (not sure of the exact location in Windows) with /usr/share/firefox/searchplugins/google.xml and add /usr/share/firefox/searchplugins/google_image.xml in the same place. Thanks :).

Please elaborate this in a way newbies can understand. Thanks! :D
ostheo
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: I'd like to HELP Clem and Linux Mint

Postby Husse on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:57 pm

The location is (I think - I've tweaked my system so I share profiles between XP and Mint, but I almost never use XP any more)
/Documents and Settings/User_name/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/Random_Something.default/searchplugins
The / are \ in Windows
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions