Password prompt

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Password prompt

Postby HeladoCaliente on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi all.
I'm running Linux Mint 10 and I'm really impressed by this release. Congrats to all the developpers and to the community.

I was wondering if there's away to run the software manager with sudo priveleges. That way, I won't be prompted to enter my password everytime I install a new software. I tried running with sudo and gksudo, but no luck.

Thanks,
HeladoCaliente
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Password prompt

Postby tdockery97 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:41 pm

HeladoCaliente wrote:Hi all.
I'm running Linux Mint 10 and I'm really impressed by this release. Congrats to all the developpers and to the community.

I was wondering if there's away to run the software manager with sudo priveleges. That way, I won't be prompted to enter my password everytime I install a new software. I tried running with sudo and gksudo, but no luck.

Thanks,

What some people consider an inconvenience, most of us consider the best possible security feature of an OS. It's why we don't suffer from viruses like Windows does. I personally have never used my firewall in Linux, and have never once in the last year been successfully attacked via the internet. I must admit that it may not be the smartest move to operate that way, but the permissions requirements of Linux have kept me out of trouble.

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook, 8GB DDR3, 2.5GHZ A10-APU, Radeon HD 8650G
tdockery97
Level 13
Level 13

Return to Software & Applications