test driving the XFCE 5 Live CD

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LinuxForever

test driving the XFCE 5 Live CD

Post by LinuxForever »

I'm test driving the XFCE 5 Live CD. For some reason Thunar sees my 2 floppy drives but not my hard drives. They are listed in Device Manager with their partitions but not in Thunar. Will Thunar see my hard drives after I install XFCE 5 or do I have to add them to fstab manually?

Can XFCE 5 automatically mount my 3 hard drives when I boot up my computer?

Is there anyway to go to root in Thunar?

Can a terminal automatically go to the folder Thunar is in the way a terminal in Gnome and KDE can? Or do I have to manually tell the terminal which folder to go to? Can you tell I've never fully explored XFCE before?

Thankx for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Re: test driving the XFCE 5 Live CD

Post by merlwiz79 »

It should see the hard drive in thunar.
They removed automount from hardy.
If you manually partition with ubiquity you can set the mount point and it will automatically mount.
It won't show in thunar unless it's the hard drive it's installed on.
You can send the mount point to the side panel.

Yes, open terminal here and open folder in root work like the main.
LinuxForever

Re: test driving the XFCE 5 Live CD

Post by LinuxForever »

Thanks merlwiz79, I didn't know there were those differences between Gnome and XFCE. I guess I'll just stay with Gnome for now.

I know you're the XFCE Community Edition Maintainer so I want to tell you this is the best, most full featured XFCE I've ever seen. It beats everything else hands down. I don't know how you guys keep turning out one excellent version after another, but keep up the great work. If it wasn't for Linux Mint I'd probably be using a Mac.

Return to “Xfce”