songs get stuck at 0:00

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nathan

songs get stuck at 0:00

Post by nathan »

when I try to play music it will just stay at 0:00. I've searched through forums and haven't found a solution that works for me. I tried importing the music again, and also trying to open the file with Banshee. This problem is not limited to just Banshee though, I have tried to play my music with both Exaile and Amarok, and both have the same problem. I'm not sure what the problem could be I think I have all of the right codecs and packages installed and yet there is a problem. Any help you could provide would be great. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cinemarxism

Re: songs get stuck at 0:00

Post by Cinemarxism »

Wow, I was just about to post the same topic. I'm having the same problem. It started some days ago, and I have yet to find a solution. If I restart or log out and start playing a audio-file before opening any other applications it works. However, after a couple of hours, especially If I have a track paused, the problem seems to reoccur. So I have to do the same thing over again, pretty annoying.

For me the track gets stuck at 00.00 (or if I've paused a track and then try to resume it after a couple of hours, it just drops down to 00.00 and gets stuck), and after a couple of seconds the application freezes. Takes a couple of seconds more, then it unfreezes, but as soon as I try to play a audio-file this happens again. This problems occurs in every audio-playing application I've tried. Amarok, Rythmbox, Audacious, it happens to them all. So I guess it's not a problem with any of those applications, but rather concerning a codec or something?

Help would be greatly appreciated.
dr_chunks

Re: songs get stuck at 0:00

Post by dr_chunks »

Did you check to make sure the NTFS partition is mounted?

Edit- I just realized kb0hae mentioned this.

Return to “Sound”