Installing Problem

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Installing Problem

Post by 67GTA »

fd0 is referring to a floppy drive. It usually means it is trying to find a floppy drive, and can't find it. Try letting it run for a few minutes to see if it will bypass this and load. If it does, you can blacklist the floppy module from loading after installing to your PC.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

Did you have your burner software check the CD after burning it to verify it against the iso (which was previously verified by md5 checksum)?
Did you burn at the slowest possible speed?
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

Post by BakUp »

I can not help you with your problem, but before an expert drops by you will need to provide your computer specifications, then they will be able to help, I hope......Maybe a kernel panic ?

cheers,
BakUp
My Linux Distros:
sidux - Parsix - DreamLinux - Mint
Fred

Post by Fred »

TJK,

It sounds like a bad cd burn. As AK Dave suggested, burn slow, no faster than 8X. Also burn in a RAW mode, usually listed as DAO. Be sure to burn it as an iso, not a data cd. Check and make sure your BIOS is set so the cd drive boots before the hard drive.

Fred

Return to “Installation & Boot”