Change Start Menu Button/Icon

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stylishlemur

Change Start Menu Button/Icon

Post by stylishlemur »

Hi I am new here and I like Mint Xfce Very much.
However, I tried to play with the theme and somehow my Start Menu Button change from Beautiful minux mint logo with the word "Elyssa" to mouse icon with the word "Xfce Menu"
I want to change back but I cannot. I have search all over internet and they told me to change the icon in /usr/share/icons but I tried and I cannot.

Please help me get my linux mint icon back

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zaheermk
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Change Start Menu Button/Icon

Post by zaheermk »

Try changing the Theme back to the original one, which is Elyssa, and the Icon Theme to Mint-Green, in Menu> Settings> User Interface Settings.

If that doesn't work, right click on the menu button and select properties. Under Button, give the title you want. And under Icons, give this path, /usr/share/icons/Mint-Green/48x48/places/distributor-logo.png , to get the Mint logo.
stylishlemur

Post by stylishlemur »

Thanks so much. I am very appreciate you help. Now I get back the start button i want by changing the properties.
:)
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

How DO you change the Menu button to something a little more to my liking? I have what I want to change it to. I just don't know how to change it.
Thank you

Return to “Xfce”