Cursor upside down - Desktop upside down - turned 180 degree

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
svgt
Level 2
Level 2

Cursor upside down - Desktop upside down - turned 180 degree

Post by svgt »

Hi,

after the last updates the newest MINT was not to be used. The Xserver is starting as usual. It was possible the type user and password. Then the LCD got black and the cursor stood upside down. The cursor was movable, but all in the inverse direction. But nothing else.

No Nvidia or Ati driver is involved. The hardware is SAMSUNG X20 model NP-X20C001/SEG with Intel 915GM/GMS Graphic

I hope for some advice.

Regards Svgt

PS: I started GNOME in a safe mode. The result is: my whole desktop is not black any more but is standing upside down, The cursor is moving in inverse mode. I have no idea to change this situation. After I wrote Driver "I810" into the xorg.conf, the desktop started in a correct manner. But there is no 3D-acceleration.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Cursor upside down - Desktop upside down - turned 180 degree

Post by Husse »

This is odd - but I have heard of it before
As "Safe gnome" works you could try to use Driver "intel" which I think is the right one
It would also be interesting to know what happens if you use Driver "vesa" and which driver you had in the first place and if you use vga or dmi
svgt
Level 2
Level 2

Post by svgt »

Hi,

at first there was no driver mentioned in the xorg.conf. This is the standard situation in the last linux mint. Then I wrote the I810 driver into. How can I know, whether I use vga or dmi? I will try it with the intel and the vesa driver. I will answer, if tried both.

regards, Svgt
Last edited by svgt on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Husse

Post by Husse »

How can I know, whether I use vga or dmi?
These are the two main connectors for the monitor - vga nine pins and dma many more :)
svgt
Level 2
Level 2

Post by svgt »

I use a vga-connector for my tft-monitor. I have just tried it with the INTEL-driver. The desktop is again upside down. With no driver entry the desktop is upside down too. And with the i810-driver the desktop is ok.

regards. Svgt
Husse

Post by Husse »

Beats me - keep the i810 if there are no problems with it

Return to “Hardware Support”