Amarok script problem in GNOME [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hepburn

Amarok script problem in GNOME [SOLVED]

Post by Hepburn »

Hi, I've started using Amarok in GNOME, as I have an iRiver H10 and someone rather cleverly wrote a script to get the two to work together.

After figuring out how to install the script (I'm still kind of a newbie!), I've hit a new problem: when I try to run the script, Amarok says that it couldn't locate 'kwriteconfig' and that the script 'exited with error 254'.

I'm presuming this is because I'm running a KDE app on GNOME, and that I need to install some other stuff, but I have no idea what.... (The iRiver H10 works fine with Mint, BTW - I just wanted to have one program to make using it a bit easier, and one reason fewer to keep a Windows partition! :wink: )

Thanks in advance,

TTFN
Hepburn
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Amarok script problem in GNOME

Post by Husse »

You are probably right that some dependencies are missing, but they should have been installed when you installed amarok
Open Synaptic and mark Amarok for reinstallation
You should get a list of files to be installed apart from Amarok itself and your missing dependency should be there...
Reinstall...
PS typo in your signature - you hardly mean Sarcam :)
Hepburn

Re: Amarok script problem in GNOME

Post by Hepburn »

Haha, I didn't notice that - and I'm a language student too! Slapped wrist for me... :oops:

The only dependency listed for re-installation was amarok-xine, and that was installed the first time around. So I installed all the recommended/suggested dependencies (and their dependencies....) as well, and that seems to have fixed the problem.

The same (lack of) dependencies also came up in the terminal - maybe the repository package needs to be modified?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

TTFN
Hepburn

Return to “Software & Applications”