Monitor Blinking solved

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
comsparks
Level 2
Level 2

Monitor Blinking solved

Post by comsparks »

I have a Dell 1907FP running at 1280 x 1024 with a GeForce 6200 256MB using Nvidia Driver 169.12. The problem that I'm having is under the Power Management program. I've shut down the screen saver portion and using just the Power Management. I've set the PM to 30 minutes to shut down the screen with everything else disabled. When the PM reaches the 30 minute interval the monitor just flashes and never goes into a power down state. Is there another adjustment I need to configure to have the monitor power down correctly? Any ideas? Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Monitor Blinking

Post by Husse »

the monitor just flashes
Meaning?
I can't visualize it :)
comsparks
Level 2
Level 2

Post by comsparks »

The monitor goes black then goes gray then goes black then goes gray.....
Can you visualize that now?
Husse

Post by Husse »

hmm that's odd
Is there activity in the background, some program running? Could be an influence from that. It seems a little bit like it's out of sync...
This is also one of the difficult problems to solve remotely
I have to think about it and come back to you
comsparks
Level 2
Level 2

Post by comsparks »

Update. The monitor was flashing away when I had to leave and forgot to turn off the computer. When I returned home 8 hours later the monitor was turned off. I checked the time and it was still set at 30 minutes to power down. The monitor came right up when the mouse was moved.

Return to “Hardware Support”