Windows Live .exe How to open-install

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dnmint

Windows Live .exe How to open-install

Post by dnmint »

I use Hotmail in Firefox. I downloaded WLinstaller.exe I tried installing it thru Wine or opening it with Firefox3.0.1. No go.
Any advice suggestions.
Thanks as ever
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Windows Live .exe How to open-install

Post by Husse »

???
I don't see the connection between hotmail and WLinstaller.exe (winlivemessenger) nor do I understand why you try to open it with Firefox.
There are several Linux apps you can use among them Pidgin (supports MSN which I suppose is what you use winlivemessenger for)
dnmint

Post by dnmint »

WL installer is the app for upgrading my Window Live Hotmail account. I use Hot mail for certain contacts.
It is not for Windows messenger
Any advice pls
Husse

Post by Husse »

Can't you use any browser? Or is Live Hotmail different?
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but installing live messenger was all I found for WLinstaller.exe - but perhaps I'm forgetting Windows now....
pluraldave

Post by pluraldave »

I *think* that to upgrade a "hotmail" account to a "windows live hotmail" account you might have to run the live mail/messenger/everything else installer if the link on this page is anything to go by. It seems a bit odd if you do as I upgraded my old hotmail account during the beta testing stage and I don't remember doing anything more than clicking a link on one of the hotmail pages.

If it is the case that you have to run the installer then you're going to have to borrow a (legal) Windows computer for a few minutes as it will surely run that Microsoft Authentication thing and require you to have IE on your machine.

Return to “Software & Applications”