Setting Konqueror as default file browser instead of nautilu

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
psych1610

Setting Konqueror as default file browser instead of nautilu

Post by psych1610 »

Hi everyone, I just want to express my thanks at this distro. Loving it :)

My question is how to set konqueror as default file browser in this distro. Coming from a kde distribution I'm really missing konqueror and nothing else feels like home.

My first day here when I entered IRC someone mentioned a link, but of course I lost it. Now most of the google searches I do refer to konqueror as internet browser, but I have firefox for that. The ones that do try and set konqueror as default file browser in gnome or Ubuntu usually fail. I found a script that claims to do it but that was from 2+ years ago I think and I'm hesitant to run a script on this machine for obvious reasons.

So, anyone know how to set konqueror as my default file browser? I don't mind leaving nautilus on the system, I just want konqueror to do all the work.

I appreciate any help provided.

Thanks very much.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Setting Konqueror as default file browser instead of nautilu

Post by Fornhamfred »

Hi

As you are using the gnome version, have you tried the KDE version which I assume has konqueror by default?
psych1610

Re: Setting Konqueror as default file browser instead of nautilu

Post by psych1610 »

This is going to be rather hard to explain I guess but after using kde for a year or so I think I like gnome better, especially Mints version of it.

So to be honest, haven't tried kde especially since I became aware that it was possible to get konqueror in gnome working alright. If it came down to that I might switch though :) I know it's a silly reason to switch desktop environments because of a file manager, but I've just become so used to it. \

Appreciate the suggestion though :)

Return to “Software & Applications”