Rhythmbox Question - Sort By Date [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
curt_grymala

Rhythmbox Question - Sort By Date [SOLVED]

Post by curt_grymala »

I am extremely new to Gnome, so please bear with me. I am used to using Winamp on Windows and Amarok on KDE, but I've never used a Gnome-based audio player before.

Having said that, I am now using Rhythmbox on Mint, and have a burning question about the program. Is there any way to sort your albums by release date? The one pre-requisite I have for any digital audio player is the ability to sort my albums in chronological order (within the groups of band/artist, of course). Besides the fact that I can't use my Zune (outside of VirtualBox) on Linux, that's the one thing I can't stand about my Zune.

If this is not possible within Rhythmbox, is there another Gnome-based audio player I can use that does allow chronological sorting? I realize that I could install Amarok if I wanted to, but I'd really like to keep my Mint installation strictly Gnome, as much as possible. If I want KDE software, I'll use my OpenSuSE installation.

So, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

[edit]I figured it out.

For those of you that are dealing with the same quandary, you simply need to go to the Edit menu, then choose Preferences. Once in the preferences menu, you just need to put a tick in the appropriate checkbox under "Visible Columns".

For those of you using Banshee (I tried it, too), it's under View->Columns.[/edit]
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Rhythmbox Question - Sort By Date [SOLVED]

Post by Husse »

Good - I simply don't have that much music to check sorting it....
I mostly listen to webradio...
curt_grymala

Re: Rhythmbox Question - Sort By Date [SOLVED]

Post by curt_grymala »

Ah. That makes sense.

For me, at the moment, I have about 8,000 items in my music library (Banshee reports that it's close to 39 days worth of music). That's only about half of my collection (I've been too lazy to finish digitizing my CDs and albums), so it's important to be able to sort it the way I want.

Thanks for the thought.

Return to “Sound”