Excellent work & livecd ntfs question

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eeezzzeee

Excellent work & livecd ntfs question

Post by eeezzzeee »

Hey was just playing around with the xfce live cd on my laptop and wanted to say excellent work, everything on my laptop (including wireless) worked great. I will be installing it on an older laptop for a friend shortly. I did have a question about accessing a ntfs partition when using the live cd. Is it possible?? If so how? I read another thread that closely asked this question but it seemed they were asking more about the ntfs beeing seen after isntallation. Would I have to load ntfs-config everytime through synaptic? would that even work? Ok my single question ended up being like 4 but its late and I'm starting to talk bubbles.
Thanks and again great work.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Excellent work & livecd ntfs question

Post by Husse »

Unless I've completely missed something this should just work OOtB
eeezzzeee

Post by eeezzzeee »

Hmmm I must be doing something wrong then. I can't access my hard drive when running the livecd. The partition editor will recognize that there is a ntfs partition there, but I for the life of me can't access it. It doesn't show up in thunar and I haven't been able to find it in terminal. I remember Elyssa main live cd being able to see my hard drives fine, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

For some reason XFCE Distros won't show all the hard drives you have in Thunar.
A quick way to mount it is to open thunar and right click Open Folder as root.
Then launch the partition editor.

If you manually partition during install you can set a mount point.
Or just install ntfs-config after install and make mount points with it.

Return to “Xfce”