new to the block

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
msuggs

Re: new to the block

Post by msuggs »

I don't think you'll have much luck with that printer. Lexmark have notoriously poor support for Linux if they support it all any more. The info at the link below indicates that the x2500 is in the paperweight range when it comes to Linux. I'd suggest having a look at HP instead.

http://www.openprinting.org/printer_lis ... ke=Lexmark
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by locutus »

I agree about the HP printers. I _hate_ HP's Windows software setup -- way too bloated -- but their Mac & Linux software is perfect: all the needed features without the bloat. HP's support for Linux is impressive, and their printers are top notch. I have a wireless networked C7280 & love it.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Unfortunately, Lexmark has poor Linux support. I traded my Lexmark for an HP printer a long time ago because of support. I have heard of some people having success with an older Lexmark 600 series driver but I was not so fortunate.
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 900i »

Welcome to the Mint forum, regarding Lexmark, just sprag the door open with it. HP is the way to go. :D
Desktop Core i7 Linux Mint 21.1 / Laptop Dell Precision M6400 Linux Mint 21.1
bobpur
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bobpur »

I, once, had an old lexmark printer (forgot the model) that I used a HP driver to get going. Not full functionality, but enough to do black & white text.

Return to “Beginner Questions”