64 Update

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ossified65

64 Update

Post by ossified65 »

Hi guys, my Thinkpad x61 (4G RAM) is arriving this week and I was wondering how far from a 64 release you (we?) are? I am _NOT_ trying to hassle or rush you in any way. Just wondering if you could give a quick status report about where the development is.

Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: 64 Update

Post by exploder »

An internal release of the x64 version is being tested right now. At present, things are looking extremely good!
ossified65

Post by ossified65 »

Great, I guess if its that close I will deal with Vista until it is released.. :)
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Keep your eye out for the official announcement.
Rob Brill

Post by Rob Brill »

exploder wrote:Keep your eye out for the official announcement.
Hi,

What is this? - Link on Distrowatch at left

Mint 5 rc1 (x86_64) 09/22/2008

http://distrowatch.com/

No news on the blog??? No annoucements???

It's 02:10am in Brazil - 09/22/2008

cheers
Roberto
knuckles

Post by knuckles »

i have allready downloaded and burned, the only thing i need now is my new PC to test the 64bit version.

i'm curious of the release not, if the mint mint tools.... are to comlied as 64bit or if they are the 32bit versions in a 64bitUbuntu

But thanks, for the release
and thanks Roberto for the link
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

It's likely to be the right ISO however it wasn't officially released yet. It shouldn't be on distrowatch and we're asking them to remove the announcement right now.

Clem.
jdog

Post by jdog »

Will I need to do a fresh install when the final is ready, or will there be a way to upgrade from 32 to 64? 8)
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

The 32 and 64 bit editions are different, you will need to do a fresh install to run the 64 bit edition.

Return to “Beginner Questions”