Getting gDesklets to work correctly... for me.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AndrewCooper

Getting gDesklets to work correctly... for me.

Post by AndrewCooper »

I've pretty much switched every computer in my house to Linux Mint and I'm loving it. I still have one Windows machine I have to use for work purposes but that's unavoidable. I've been playing with some of the neat GUI apps that I've found and one of them I like is gDesklets. The problem I have is that each gDesklet that I'm using is showing up on my Elyssa toolbar and on my Avant starterbar. I'm only using 5 Desklets at the moment but I don't want them constantly taking up space on my toolbar and starterbar. Is there any way to get them to just run in the background?

I know it sounds like a bit of a silly question but I can't find an answer in the documentation anywhere.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Getting gDesklets to work correctly... for me.

Post by Husse »

I found this
The gDesklet shell icon will appear on one of your desktop panels, if you want it to disappear, right click on it and uncheck the option which tells it to appear in your panel. After a restart the icon will disappear.

Return to “Software & Applications”