Why does the download keep stopping?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sarahmarienc

Why does the download keep stopping?

Post by sarahmarienc »

Im TRYING to download Linux Mint Main Edition (Rev 1) Gnome (691 MB) and it says it's going to take 18 hours??? Come onnnn!! I don't have the fastest connection but that's just CRAZY! Why does it keep stopping and if it stops, how do I get it to start again? Is there something I can use that will ensure that it all downloads together so that I have a good ISO for the cd? Thanks...

Sarah
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
eeezzzeee

Re: Why does the download keep stopping?

Post by eeezzzeee »

Firefox should allow for resuming stopped downloads with their download manager. I am not sure why it is taking so long to download the main edition. Have you tried a different mirror? or maybe the torrent?

http://linuxmint.com/mirrors.php?id=25
sarahmarienc

Post by sarahmarienc »

The torrent gave me an error something about not having permission or junk like that... I'm stuck at 1.3 MB of 691 MB. It's not moving, and it keeps failing. Maybe it'd be better to try in the morning when my connection is better. Don't know why it's so bad tonight. SOrry for the double post.
sarahmarienc

Post by sarahmarienc »

it finished... yay!

Return to “Beginner Questions”