sound card

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dompietje

sound card

Post by dompietje »

Hello
I have Ubuntu 7.10 on my MEDION AKOYA laptop and the soundcard works.
I had UBUNTU 8.04 on the same laptop with NO SOUND. (That is the reason for the reinstallation of 7.10).
Wondering if Linux Mint Elyssa was any better, I installed it on a free partition, but there is no sound. Pulse Audio software does not work, apparently.

In 8.04 AND in with Elyssa thers is no wireless networking - even with ndiswrapper and the Vista driver Ubuntu 710 nor 8.04 do not function.

Is there any remedy?

In Vista the soundcard works normally.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nelamvr6
Level 4
Level 4

Re: sound card

Post by nelamvr6 »

I have had troubles with soundcards also. I can't really offer any help there, but I can offer a suggestion for your wireless problem.

On my new notebook I had to use ndiswrapper also. I was able to get the hardware working, but still wasn't able to connect. then I discovered that I did not have a wireless adapter specified, I had to go into the network dialog and tell it that the wireless adapter was "wlan0". after that it has been working perfectly.

perhaps you have a similar situation?

Return to “Hardware Support”