Release: Linux Mint 5 KDE CE

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
metamorphousthe
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Release: Linux Mint 5 KDE CE

Post by metamorphousthe »

How can I tell if the Elyssa released that I downloaded before the general release is the RC1beta45? I am not quite sure when it was that I downloaded it and from which mirror (not all mirrors are current). Is there something I can look for that can tell me whether or not mine was pre-RC1beta45?
metamorphousthe
"It's all about change"
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

If it's Linux Mint 5 KDE CE then it doesn't really matter which one you downloaded.. there were only two releases: RC1 (aka BETA 045) and Stable and unless you're planning on redistributing it then you can go ahead with RC1 (it's got a tiny little bug which only appears with you don't use English and which you can fix by removing the duplicated folders in your home directory).
deadguy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by deadguy »

well,

I finally got around to installing Mint KDE Elyssa and I have to say I'm not disappointed .:D

great job Boo, Clem and crew! I love it!!

cheers,

Deadguy
lonoy

Post by lonoy »

With all these different releases maybe it would be an advantage to have a short description of each release under its title on the release page of the Mint web site. While many in this forum know the difference between XFCE, Main edition, KDE etc it might be a somewhat confusing for a Linux novice thinking of moving away from Windows.Though there are some details in each of the applicable release notes there is no one page that I can find that compares the different releases and their individual attributes.
Cheers
Eddie G. Wilson

Post by Eddie G. Wilson »

Good Day All,
This is my first time on the Mint forums. I've been using linux for appox. 4 years now, with several different distros. Ubuntu has been my main distro and I also have used the Gnome edition of Mint 5. I am wanting to try the Kde version of Mint and was wandering if there were any screen shots of Mint 5 Kde.
Thanks,
Eddie
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Hi Eddie!

This page has a screenshot of the desktop.

http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_elyssa_kde.php
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

Where can we reports bugs or problems?
jhouse59
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jhouse59 »

Is there a place I can get a CD or DVD of Mint 5 KDE? I couldn't find it at On-Disk.
MrP

Post by MrP »

Guys great work and it installs on my new Toshiba Laptop where Suse,Mandrake,Ubuntu,Fedora didn't. The only small problem i am having is that I cannot connect to wireless (had same problem with Ubuntu 7). I am sure that i can fix this using iwconfig.
Eddie G. Wilson

exploder wrote:Hi Eddie!

This page has a screenshot of the desktop.

http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_elyssa_kde.php
Thanks, I'll be installing tonight. It looks like its going to be a great weekend. :mrgreen:
mokmeister

Post by mokmeister »

Hi there,

Just something that happened to me there, when I had installed Mint 5 KDE CE, I noticed there were the 117 updates and did an adept full upgrade, and it broke adept and the other update managers. So I just reinstalled, hit the Mint update, and did whatever updates through that, and so far everything's been fine. Important lesson to learn though, I think, so I thought I might pass it on.
Eddie G. Wilson

I installed Mint 5 KDE over the weekend and I'm very impressed. The only thing that I've found that I've got problems with is getting my monitor refresh rate to stay at 60hz. like I set it for. I thought that I had it once but when I rebooted the only choices I had was 50hz. or 51hz. I will go into the proper place in the forums to find out what can be done for it. I can edit my xorg config file if I need to but I don't really want to go that route. I have found this to be a problem with a lot of different distros. Again I would like to say GREAT RELEASE. :mrgreen:

Eddie
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by npap »

Another Linux Mint marvel!
Congratulations to Boo and the team for the most impressive KDE desktop. :D
Sorry, I can't find anything that I don't like here. :)
I'm sold on KDE Mint.
Cheers,
npap

Return to “Releases & Announcements”