Sound issue- Very limited sound

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sarahmarienc

Sound issue- Very limited sound

Post by sarahmarienc »

Okay we tried to watch a movie tonight and realized that my sound works but not like it should. We had external speakers plugged in and yet it was as if the sound was only coming from the monitor (monitor sound isn't great on my LCD screen)...and no matter how high we turned the volume up it never got to a point where we could hear it so we had to watch the movie on the laptop. I haven't played with any of the configurations because Im not sure where the issue lies. Thought maybe someone could help me. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
soontoregister

Re: Sound issue- Very limited sound

Post by soontoregister »

is the volume in your mixer turned up??? On the panel double click the speak when the mixer (volume control) depending on your sound card turn up PCM and other outputs controls to max. Then use master to your desired volume

Hope this helps
sarahmarienc

Post by sarahmarienc »

soontoregister wrote:is the volume in your mixer turned up??? On the panel double click the speak when the mixer (volume control) depending on your sound card turn up PCM and other outputs controls to max. Then use master to your desired volume

Hope this helps
Yes I did check this. My sound was turned up on the computer desktop as well as on the speakers and I did check the mixer and they were all maxed out but still the output from the speakers was barely audible. It did fine (same speakers) on the laptop so it has to be a compatibility issue or something that I'm not seeing somewhere that needs attention.
eeezzzeee

Post by eeezzzeee »

I had a problem like that

http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=14823

Try right click on the speaker and go into those options, for me my "front" speakers were turned down
sarahmarienc

Post by sarahmarienc »

eeezzzeee wrote:I had a problem like that

http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=14823

Try right click on the speaker and go into those options, for me my "front" speakers were turned down
Well well. That was the trick alright. Apparently those things were turned down. Thanks so much. :) :D

Return to “Hardware Support”