problem with Compiz and VideoPlayback

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ManolisKaltsos

problem with Compiz and VideoPlayback

Post by ManolisKaltsos »

I have a problem when i turned the compiz fusion effects on,when i try to watch a video with every videoplayer nothin appears in the screen,only sound.When i close compiz effects all works great with video.This wired because now i'm running ubuntu :cry: and i dont have this problem.I have a HP nx6125 with ATi Mobility Radeon X300.In Mint i installed the driver with envy.In ubuntu with proprietary drivers manager.This is thing is keeping me away from the best Distro,Mint!!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: problem with Compiz and VideoPlayback

Post by Husse »

I would just turn off compiz before watching videos - compiz seems to be forever stuck in "beta mode"
Which driver do you use - I know you write you installed through Envy
What does glxinfo give (at the beginning of the output - should not state Mesa)
And glxgears?
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lolo Uila »

Don't use the drivers Envy installs. Use the ATI driver from the repos. The newer ATI drivers have problems with video overlay when Compiz is running. That's why the OP had no trouble in Ubuntu. He used Envy in Mint, but used the restricted drivers manager in Ubuntu (in Mint this is under Control Panel, Hardware Drivers).
Husse

Post by Husse »

Long time since I last saw you active in the forum Lolo Uila
Welcome back (if you've been absent)

Return to “Sound”