Advantage to XFCE CE?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bwg
Level 2
Level 2

Advantage to XFCE CE?

Post by bwg »

I have been using Linux Mint gnome edition but like to switch off occasionally to Xfce. I have installed Xfce through Synaptic and everything seems fine to me. I like it because I don't have to go through a whole new setup of printer drivers, font additions and so on .
I wonder if there is a perceived advantage to using XFCE CE or just the way I am doing by installing xfce on top of gnome?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Advantage to XFCE CE?

Post by Husse »

The XFCE CE has other applications than main and is more light weight than main + added XFCE desktop
bobpur
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Advantage to XFCE CE?

Post by bobpur »

I agree with Husse.
I never do upgrades (downgrades?) as I've never had much luck with them. Besides, doing clean installs, formatting disks, and dualboots are aspects of this linux thing that I'm competent at. :)
On the other hand, If my life depended on coming up with a nifty little script to fix a problem... Well, just do me in quick. A codemonkey I'm not . In all honesty, I envy those who have got a handle on it. To me it's as clear as mud.

Return to “Xfce”