No Dual Layer support

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
whvann08

No Dual Layer support

Post by whvann08 »

Having problem with Burning dvd. My program tell me that my media is not writable with the current plugin. I am trying to burn my video to a Dual Layer dvd. Brasero will not let me. Does anyone know what if any plugins will allow dual layer support. I have looked through synaptic only to find nothing But I am not sure I know what I am looking for.

Thanks for any help

Henry
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: No Dual Layer support

Post by Husse »

You don't say which version of Mint you have
k3b is capable of burning dual layers. Its a KDE app, but it is quite possible to install it under gnome, but it will require 11 KDE files to be installed as well
whvann08

Post by whvann08 »

Thanks, I am running 5 gnome, I have used kb3 in the past with Freespire. I will try it. Thanks

Henry
whvann08

Post by whvann08 »

Well I must have missed the files I do have k3b installed now but it doesn't support my media at all.
I have a lite on dvd -rw with memorex dl dvd+r. I like besaro better than k3b. I seem to have the same problem with both.
Any help on this would be great.

Henry
whvann08

Post by whvann08 »

Is there a difference between a DVD+R Dual Layer and a DVD+R Double Layer. I think this may be my problem as I dig into the list of media supported by my dvd burner. DvD +r Dual layer not supported Double layer is. DvD-r Dual layer is supported.

Any help would be great.

Henry
Husse

Post by Husse »

I'm in the blue here - my guess is about as good as yours
whvann08

Post by whvann08 »

After a Google search I found that the DL stands for Double Layer and that shows to be supported under my dvd rw drive so now I am back to a plugin problem I think. Is there special plugins that don't come with the download that I may need to get this up and running

Thanks
Henry

Return to “Sound”