Linux Multimedia Studio failed install

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tawan

Linux Multimedia Studio failed install

Post by tawan »

hi i installed this from the software portal

http://www.linuxmint.com/software/?sec= ... &release=3

and it didnt show up in my mint menu even after a reboot. the installation seemed to go fine, is there a way i can find if it did install? if i can make it work? or if the .mint file is broken....?

thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Re: Linux Multimedia Studio failed install

Post by rivenought »

Just for verification, did you try System > Preferences > Main Menu > find and uncheck, and then re-check the box by the application? I have had to do that every now and then to get the application to show up in the menu. It is worth a quick look. I hope this is an easy fix. Good luck.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

...or right click the "Elyssa-button" and chose "reload modules"...
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
tawan

Post by tawan »

Zwopper wrote:...or right click the "Elyssa-button" and chose "reload modules"...
i did that before writing, followed by a log off, followed by a restart and still nothing... :?
rivenought wrote:Just for verification, did you try System > Preferences > Main Menu > find and uncheck, and then re-check the box by the application? I have had to do that every now and then to get the application to show up in the menu. It is worth a quick look. I hope this is an easy fix. Good luck.
hmm, not there ... is there a spell i can cast in terminal to see if it is there or launch it?.. ah yes i must be able to launch it via terminal if i can find it's name....

more ideas please :)
tawan

Re: Linux Multimedia Studio failed install [sorta solved]

Post by tawan »

ok i typed "lmms" in terminal and it launched a

"lmms needs to be setup before it can run properly..."

so i guess i'm closer now cheers.
tawan

Post by tawan »

i can launch LMMS via terminal, i don't know how to have it launch from the mint menu

when i have it open i can't get any sound.

has anyone got this working?

Return to “Software & Applications”