Remastersys LiveCD and custom fstab

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eGlyph

Remastersys LiveCD and custom fstab

Post by eGlyph »

Hello,
I've created a custom LiveCD with Remastersys and wrote it to a pen-drive using Unetbootin.
I want to save changes in certain directories between reboots. For this I've created three partitions on the pen-drive with predefined volume labels (say, DATA, SCRIPTS, MEDIA). These slices are visible and mounted after boot.

However, I would like to have them mounted to the predefined mountpoints (for example, the DATA slice would be mounted as /home/user). It seems I have to write it down into /etc/fstab using LABEL=<xxxxx> syntax.

So the question is: how do I tell Remastersys to add necessary strings to /etc/fstab?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Remastersys LiveCD and custom fstab

Post by Husse »

If this indeed is a Remastersys problem ask at the Remastersys forum
http://loscompanion.com/forums/index.php?board=58.0
Edit
Corrected a typo - added a f to the initial I :)
Husse
Fragadelic
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Remastersys LiveCD and custom fstab

Post by Fragadelic »

You can't tell remastersys to do anything with fstab as that is one of the files that is omitted from the livecd as it is rebuilt during install anyway.

You are better off either creating a special boot script to mount those for you or a script you can run after boot.

Casper ignores the fstab anyway as it is created during the livecd boot process so it really has nothing to do with remastersys.

Return to “Installation & Boot”