Converting Kubuntu to Bianca

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LaneLester
Level 2
Level 2

Converting Kubuntu to Bianca

Post by LaneLester »

I'm trying to put Linux on my wife's Dell laptop, which uses wireless to connect to our LAN. I started with Ubuntu, since that's what I've been using for a long time on my wired desktop. I went through several versions of (X)(K)Ubuntu Edgy/Feisty without getting the WEP to work.

Someone on the Ubuntu forums told me that Minty has a very different approach to drivers and such and I should give it a try. But now I've discovered the horrible live CD, and I see from the threads on here that I'm not alone.

But there was some talk about enabling the Minty repositories and somehow getting the Minty approach to wireless. Can you give me the specific steps to do that? I know how to edit sources.lst and use apt. What are the repositories and how do I install the codes that permit the repositories to be used (I hate this new feature of Debian)?

And what do I search for with Synaptic to get that Minty flavor? And once I get it, what do I execute to use Minty's approach to wireless?

Lane
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LaneLester
Level 2
Level 2

Post by LaneLester »

mintero wrote:Search and install: mintwifi
Thanks, mintero! I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

Lane

Return to “Installation & Boot”