Rhytmbox just quits on its own.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tstreit
Level 1
Level 1

Rhytmbox just quits on its own.

Post by tstreit »

I'm not sure if this is just something with my installation of Linux Mint, but has anyone had Rhytmbox just quit after playing a song? It has happened a couple of times on me now, at the end of a song Rhytmbox will just end and quit. I don't want to report this as a bug unless this is happening to other people because it could just be my machine. If someone has also experienced let me know what you have done to correct this or maybe recommend another media player.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Rhytmbox just quits on its own.

Post by 67GTA »

Try running it from a terminal to see if it spits out any error messages.

Code: Select all

rhythmbox
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

tstreit wrote: or maybe recommend another media player.
Amarok is the best there is :)
tstreit
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tstreit »

Thanks 67GTA I will give that try, I noticed that once I applied the last rounds of updates it seem to get better, but I am still going to give that a try and see I can get it to do it again.

Also thanks omns I have used Amarok in the past, maybe I will revisit that one again, i have also tried Banshee and for some reason it errors when I try to download my podcasts but rhytmbox has no problem. I am just not having any luck. :lol:

Return to “Software & Applications”