Remote access...add user?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DapperMe17

Remote access...add user?

Post by DapperMe17 »

XFCE Elyssa

Hello,

I'm attempting to change some settings, such as "Time & Date", from a remote client (NX). There's no problem working remotely on the server. However, in Elyssa, there is now an "unlock" button that must be activated for any settings changes, which I can't get to highlight, in order to make changes from the remote client.

Would I need to add a new "user", or change some permissions for this on the server side?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
msuggs

Re: Remote access...add user?

Post by msuggs »

This problem is caused by PolicyKit not allowing remote sessions to have the proper privileges. Some discussion on the problem and some NX work arounds can be found here.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/221363
DapperMe17

Post by DapperMe17 »

:D
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

DapperMe17 wrote::D
8)
DapperMe17

Post by DapperMe17 »

Omns,

I spoke too soon!

I followed the directions in the link you provided above, on the "server" machine. However, the "unlock" button is still greyed out.

Because the "server" is "XFCE", maybe I need to add a new line..... - CommandStartXFCE="nx-session-launcher-suid XFCE-session" :?:
DapperMe17

Post by DapperMe17 »

Anyone?
neal

Solved: Remote access... "unlock" greyed out

Post by neal »

Hi,

We were able to fix this behavior by changing Control Center/Authorizations/freedesktop/systemtoolsbackends/Manage System Configuration "anyone" to "Admin Authentication" (was originally set to "no").

Seems to work fine on NX Gnome sessions now (in addition to NX shadowed sessions, which always worked). We are using NoMachine's free server, and I should add that we are actually using Mint 6, rather than XFCE, but we came across this thread while debugging the same problem you described.

Neal
DapperMe17

Post by DapperMe17 »

Great news, Neal!

I know exactly what you're referencing, and will change it as we speak.

Yes, your right. Shadowing always works, however, the visual font suffers a "wee" bit!

Thanks again!
:D
neal

Post by neal »

You're welcome. We're really liking Mint. Went back and forth trying to decide between Mint and PCLOS (which is also good) but eventually decided on Mint partly because of all the help available in the Mint and Ubuntu forums. Mint 6 seems nicely thought out.

Return to “Xfce”