ATI Proprietary Drivers and Screen Resolution

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LinuxForever

Re: ATI Proprietary Drivers and Screen Resolution

Post by LinuxForever »

I just installed new drivers with Envy today. I took the res from 1152x842 to 1280x1024. That resulted in black bands around the screen.

The way to solve this is use the settings controls on the front of your monitor. Usually there is one button to bring up the monitor screen settings on your monitors screen and other buttons that control ajusting the settings. You'll have to find out which buttons do what, but it's usually pretty simple.

None of the software in Linux can do this for you. You have to use the buttons on the front of your monitor.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LinuxForever

Post by LinuxForever »

I didn't know it was LCD. Ok, the controls you need should be on the right side of the case. If they're not there keep looking. They have to be some where. The manual should show you where they are.
LinuxForever

Post by LinuxForever »

I don't know what else to do. Sorry. I'm sure someone else will know the answer. You might want to ask at the Ubuntu forum.

Return to “Hardware Support”