Elyssa x64 RC1 released

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Elyssa x64 RC1 released

Post by clem »

Yes, and 99% similar to RC1. Only two fixes were added:

- The removal of medibuntu from /etc/apt/sources.list.d (as it was already define in sources.list)
- The change of the samba workgroup from WORKGROUP to MSHOME in /etc/samba/smb.conf (to be the same as the Main edition)

Clem.
naesa

Post by naesa »

clem wrote: - The removal of medibuntu from /etc/apt/sources.list.d (as it was already define in sources.list)
- The change of the samba workgroup from WORKGROUP to MSHOME in /etc/samba/smb.conf (to be the same as the Main edition)
Clem.
Great no need to reinstall/update then, as i'm guessing most of us already noticed and fixed them both. Running it on sort of a High-end system (dualcore 3.0ghz, 9800gtx, 8 GB RAM, 1000rpm hd's) and i am amazed by how fast it is. I'm pretty sure i'm getting better performance in some wine-games like WoW than i do in both XP and Vista, and yes better than in 32bits Elyssa (can't be just the memory-issue).
Once you go... 64... you never go back!^^
earthpig

Post by earthpig »

read the thread, i still prefer stable to beta... as soon as you guys apply the magic word 'stable' to this release, i will be switching from ubuntu 64 bit to mint 64 bit :)
sprint
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sprint »

Nice !

This x64 version works fine here ! and faster than Daryna , good work
I find it strange that the beautiful theme "spherecrystal" is not in the repo anymore :(

Question to Clem , is it possible to leave all the" tekst" during boot and during shutdown away it is maybe from the Ubuntu part coming but people ask me sometimes when they see Linux Mint the first time "is this normal, all those tekst messages " ?

Greetz
Sprint
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Just an update, the stable version is to be released in the days to come. In the future we're hoping to release x64 edition the same way we do the light edition... at the same time as the Main edition basically. My plan is to carry each change made on Main to x64 and to maintain both editions at the same time, not to work on one and then the other. We'll see how easy or difficult this proves to be with Mint 6 but the plan is clear, I want to release both Main, Universal (which replaces Light) and x64 at the same time.

Clem.
darco
Level 4
Level 4

Post by darco »

clem wrote:Just an update, the stable version is to be released in the days to come. In the future we're hoping to release x64 edition the same way we do the light edition... at the same time as the Main edition basically. My plan is to carry each change made on Main to x64 and to maintain both editions at the same time, not to work on one and then the other. We'll see how easy or difficult this proves to be with Mint 6 but the plan is clear, I want to release both Main, Universal (which replaces Light) and x64 at the same time.

Clem.
You "da man", Clem.....and your team are "da men!"

darco
GoustiFruit
Level 4
Level 4

Post by GoustiFruit »

Great, great, great news !

Return to “Releases & Announcements”