Multiple Issues - going back to xp

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
warlock554

Multiple Issues - going back to xp

Post by warlock554 »

I've just installed Linux Mint Elyssa and have some issues:
1) Sound - It works, but I hear some constant noise/ crackling in the background.
2) Unable to mount flash drives. I get a 'Invalid mount option when attempting to mount' error.
3) Choppy scrolling with Opera/Firefox.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Multiple Issues

Post by Husse »

Welcome to Mint
Please tell us which edition (main, 64bit, KDE.....)
Please tell us which hardware you have - run lspci in a terminal to find out
Question 1 is a hard nut to crackle - sorry crack :) (couldn't help it :))
Question 3 leads us to the question do you have the right drivers for your video card?
Question 2 Flash drives should mount when you connect them (USB - right?) but if you try to mount them with the mount command without proper preparations you get that error (you have to mount any drive in an existing folder unless you use pmount which is what is used for removable drives)
warlock554

Re: Multiple Issues [Resolved]

Post by warlock554 »

I tried installing the Ati drivers for my card, but it failed to recognize the card after rebooting. But it doesn't matter now that I'm going back to XP.
badmotor

Re: Multiple Issues - going back to xp

Post by badmotor »

Cambo105 wrote:
warlock554 wrote:I tried installing the Ati drivers for my card, but it failed to recognize the card after rebooting. But it doesn't matter now that I'm going back to XP.
If you are not going to even accept help, and are going back to Windows regardless of the help any one offers, why did you bother to post?

Good day to you sir.
+1
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

paourismp wrote:
warlock554 wrote:I've just installed Linux Mint Elyssa and have some issues:
1) Sound - It works, but I hear some constant noise/ crackling in the background.
2) Unable to mount flash drives. I get a 'Invalid mount option when attempting to mount' error.
Hi, i am having the same sound problem, i am using the elyssa kde edition, my system is a gigabyte SLI GA-M750SLI-DS4 (NVIDIA nForce 750a), amd athon 64 x2 6400+, evga 8800 gt, geil black dragon 2x1 gb 800mhz cl5, winfast dtv2000h
paourismp: my advice is you might want to start your own thread about this problem so that someone like Husse will spot it and try to help you out.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

paourismp wrote:
warlock554 wrote:I've just installed Linux Mint Elyssa and have some issues:
Hi, i am having the same sound problem, i am using the elyssa kde edition, my system is a gigabyte SLI GA-M750SLI-DS4 (NVIDIA nForce 750a), amd athon 64 x2 6400+, evga 8800 gt, geil black dragon 2x1 gb 800mhz cl5, winfast dtv2000h

OK i've posted with subject "problem with sound" at KDE CE area.
thanks
I posted in the kde forums to try to help you on this.

Return to “Beginner Questions”