Sound issues in Elyssa

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JawsThemeSwimming428
Level 1
Level 1

Sound issues in Elyssa

Post by JawsThemeSwimming428 »

I recently tried Mint (again) and I am loving Elyssa. So far everything has "just worked" more than any other distro I have tried. The only thing, so far, that isn't working is sound (and it is probably just something I didn't do). Here is the result of lspci :

00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB4x0 High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

It is just onboard sound and my motherboard is an Intel D101GGCL. Not sure what I need to do in order to get audio working. I have no sound right now. Any help for a new Mint user would be appreciated! (Just for the record, I am new to Mint, not Linux. I have been using Linux for almost 3 years. Mostly Ubuntu, Mepis, and antiX... and Arch!) Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JawsThemeSwimming428
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Sound issues in Elyssa

OK... I changed some settings and now I have sound but it is very scratchy and distorted. I am not sure if it is the speakers, I don't think it is because they worked fine the last time I used them. I am going to get another pair tomorrow from work and see if they work. I will post back here if I need further assistance.
JawsThemeSwimming428
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Sound issues in Elyssa

Got it working...it was a speaker issue, not a Mint issue!

Return to “Sound”