missing file

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

missing file

Post by locutus »

IMHO, M5-main has the best menu system around. I HATE the normal Gnome menu's, but MintMenu's are better than KDE's Kmenu or Tastymenu. But I can't install them in KDE. That is, Synaptic says they're installed but they won't run from command line, and I can't add it to the panel.

Tracking things down, I think the missing file is "liblaunchpad-integration0". ~integration1 is installed but it seems to not have all the qualities of its predecessor. I've noted that M5-Gnome has both ~0 and ~1 installed.

Can someone please point to where I can download it from Mint somewhere?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: missing file

Post by Husse »

There's more than that I'm afraid
Both files are found in Synaptics in Gnome so you should find them in Adept
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by locutus »

Can't find ~0 in either Adept or Synaptic. I've copied my entire sources.list from a M5-Gnome installation on another partition. It ain't there! Where else can I look?

Has anybody managed to install MintMenu in KDE?
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by locutus »

I found the file at a Ubuntu forum, installed several dozen gnome-related files -- and still can't get Mintmenu's to start. Is it even possible? Or am I wasting my time?
Husse

Post by Husse »

I'm afraid you are wasting your time
mintMenu is a gnome thing and even though most can be installed under KDE not all can
There are lots of installed files for it and it depends on mintSystem which is different for main and KDE I think

Return to “Software & Applications”