Intel i815 video problem,.... solved

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nitehawk

Intel i815 video problem,.... solved

Post by nitehawk »

Just a quick question/comment,........................
I have a Dell PIII Optiplex (1Ghz 512ram 160Ghd) and it has one of those intel i815 chipset video thingy. Well,....I can get Ubuntu to work on it,...but not Mint. It just shows up a fuzzy distortion. So since Mint is my favorite,...I stuck an old Matrox Mystique video card in it,.....and Mint works just GREAT! Anyone else have any problems with the intel i815 video chipset????? :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Intel i815 video problem,....

Post by Husse »

This is a case where you still may have to edit xorg.conf

Code: Select all

gksu gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Find
Section "Device"
With only one monitor attached there must be only one such section
Add/check the driver to
Driver "intel"
possibly
Driver "i810"
Restart X
This is to force the use of the intel driver mot vesa or mesa
nitehawk

Re: Intel i815 video problem,....

Post by nitehawk »

Wow,..
I've had to be away from my computer for awhile,....so I was unaware that I had received a really good answer to my question!
Thanks so much for the solution. Much appreciated,...(and sorry I have been so long to come back with my thanks.) :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”