Thunderbird problems

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sammi.sammi

Thunderbird problems

Post by sammi.sammi »

I have been using Thunderbird successfully with Linux Mint XFCE Elyssa since it came out. All of a sudden, it has just stopped working. I noticed it had closed, but don't remember when, then I tried running it. It comes up, I get to the point where I click 'check for new messages' and it completely kills.

When I tried running in terminal, I get
sammi@sammi:~$ thunderbird
Segmentation fault
Any ideas of what this could be? It was just so sudden, I don't understand what's going on!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Thunderbird problems

Post by 67GTA »

Probably just a corrupted profile. It happens sometimes with Firefox. Look in your /home folder and delete your thunderbird profile. Be sure to save any info you have stored in there if needed. It will create a new profile, and hopefully run alright. I had this happen twice before with firefox, and have started copying my profile from both to USB stick once I get them set up. Then you can restore them without losing all of your data.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Return to “Software & Applications”