Man I hate ubuntu release days!! :(

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Man I hate ubuntu release days!! :(

Post by locutus »

Updates or new package installs take forever!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
msuggs

Re: Man I hate ubuntu release days!! :(

Post by msuggs »

Such is life :)
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Things will be back to normal in a couple of days. :mrgreen:
bobpur
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bobpur »

That's why you get a Release prior to the Distribution Release and keep up with the updates. Then you can play with your new system while the servers are loaded up with people trying to get what you've already got. :)
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by locutus »

bobpur wrote:That's why you get a Release prior to the Distribution Release and keep up with the updates. Then you can play with your new system while the servers are loaded up with people trying to get what you've already got. :)
I have (several) Mint releases. It was just my bad luck to reinstall Mint on my laptop on Thursday, and since it wasn't brand new it needed ~250 updates.
celtic426

Post by celtic426 »

You can go to Synaptic's repositories settings and change where you download the files from which helps a lot.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by locutus »

Good idea. Thanks.

Return to “Beginner Questions”