Autostarting Wbar (Solved)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jasmac

Autostarting Wbar (Solved)

Post by jasmac »

Hi all, I have installed wbar but cannot seem to get it added to autostart. When I use the wbar util facility it adds it to autostart but does not work. I was wondering if anyone else has installed this and if I can get a remedy to my problem. Thanking you in advance

Cheers

Jason
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Autostarting Wbar

Post by Husse »

I see that people have problems with wbar
In XFCE you have
mintConfig > Autostarted applications
Try to add it there
jasmac

Post by jasmac »

Thanks for the replies, I have tried using both the mintconfig autostart and using the wbar.util that has the option of adding it to autostart applications. Neither seem to work, and both have the above desk option. When I manually add it to autostarted applications I am using the wbar launcher that is found in /usr/share/bin, and I have tried the .wbar that is in my home. Is there another path I should be using? In the meantime I am going to give the cairo bar a go. Normally I use awn but seeing as I am using a lower spec machine now and compisiting does not work that well I am trying a number of different docks that are on offer out there. Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Jason
jasmac

Post by jasmac »

Hey ossified65. thanks but I finally figured it out. I used the wbar.util app and this time I made sure that I saved it correctly, that being as .wbar in my /home, and hey presto it worked. Now I can have some fun figuring out how to configure it the way I like.

Cheers

Jason
jasmac

Re: Autostarting Wbar (Solved)

Post by jasmac »

Hi again, thought I would add a photo of my desktop to show how it looks

Cheers

Jason
http://i409.removed/albums/pp176/jasmac ... shot-1.png

Return to “Xfce”