Upgrading Mint KDE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Go2doug

Upgrading Mint KDE

Post by Go2doug »

Currently I'm running Mint 5 KDE, based on K/Ubuntu 8.04. Now that Ubuntu 8.10 has been released, is there going to be a comparable upgrade for Mint users?

If so, will it be possible to upgrade to this new version (i.e., retain my files and settings), rather than reinstalling the OS and starting from scratch? Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Upgrading Mint KDE

Post by 67GTA »

Mint 6 KDE is supposed to use KDE4, so you would probably want to do a clean install.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Go2doug

Re: Upgrading Mint KDE

Post by Go2doug »

67GTA wrote:Mint 6 KDE is supposed to use KDE4, so you would probably want to do a clean install.
So the next Mint KDE CE, based on Ubuntu 8.10, is going to be version 6.0, and not 5.10? Okay, fair enough. I agree with your suggestion to do a clean install rather than upgrade. Hopefully the KDE 4.x.x release that comes with Mint 6.0 will be a huge improvement over KDE 4.0/4.1.

Return to “Software & Applications”