Back to Daryna

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
georgetoon
Level 3
Level 3

Back to Daryna

Post by georgetoon »

I gave Elyssa KDE a try, but had to abandon it due to having some problems. So, I installed Daryna KDE.

One of the problems I had was with Crossover Office 6.2. I really need MSMoney and, for some reason, no matter how I tried, MSMoney just won't run under Elyssa. It runs just fine under Daryna, and Freespire 1.0, Freespire 2.0, Kiowa Linux, and Ubuntu.

Also, I was having problems trying to get VirtualBox to run. I kept getting errors. No matter. I was runnning VMWare under Daryna. I backed up the Virtual machine data file and will do an install and restore tonight.

I will say this...Elyssa's routine in installing NVidia drivers with EnvyNG is flawless! It really did a nice job. With Daryna, I encountered an error and found I had to install the OS once more due to my monitor not working at all on reboot. My Chimei widescreen 22 inch monitor settings were set to "nv" after installing the Nvidia drivers. I Probably should have double checked things before rebooting. I'll be more careful tonight and be sure to backup X11org, as well.

Can anyone offer any tips for getting the NVidia drivers to install and work properly under Daryna KDE?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Back to Daryna

Post by Husse »

If I understand you right your nvidia does not like the nv driver
Use "Safe graphics mode" and you should be safe (you get vesa) and then it's just to let legacy Envy install the driver
georgetoon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by georgetoon »

Husse wrote:If I understand you right your nvidia does not like the nv driver
Use "Safe graphics mode" and you should be safe (you get vesa) and then it's just to let legacy Envy install the driver
Thanks you. I double checked things and backed up my video settings under X11. I did install Nvidia using Envy. this time, it installed without a hitch and I was up and running no problems. Must have glitched the first time around.

Now just trying to figure out networking and file sharing. It worked before, but now, not so much. could enabling the root account on the install cause this?
Husse

Post by Husse »

Perhaps - don't work too hard the first RC of Felicia is out any day now
Felicia is an update to Elyssa with better kernel and a few goodies so it may work nicely for you
georgetoon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by georgetoon »

Husse wrote:Perhaps - don't work too hard the first RC of Felicia is out any day now
Felicia is an update to Elyssa with better kernel and a few goodies so it may work nicely for you
That sounds great!.:) However, how do I do a proper update to Felicia from Daryna without having to do a complete reinstall again?
Also, I have VMWare operating nicely.:) I'm hoping VMWare is in Felicia's repo.

Return to “Installation & Boot”